We support the following Transfer Formats:
- Post us CDs or DVDs - Please check the 'contact us' page for our mailing address
- You may provide files on USB storage devices and flash cards
- Email us - For files that are less than 15MB you may email them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- FTP - For larger files you can either post them to us or upload via our upload service (click here) or alternatively use our public FTP folder - also available via the upload service.
Please inform us via email when you have uploaded your files to our FTP.
Acceptable file formats:
- Adobe Acrobat - Press Ready PDF and Normalised PDF
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Indesign
- Adobe Freehand
- Adobe Photoshop
- Adobe Pagemaker
- Quark XPress
- Corel Draw
The following programs are not recognised pre-press programs within the printing industry.
Additional costs may be incurred for re-formatting to a suitable print standard.
When supplying your files please make sure to include all associated files used to create your job:
- Always supply the original files and a hard copy of your artwork
- Supply all high resolution images (at least 300dpi at 100% of reproduction size) and any graphics used within your job.
Files at 72dpi are not print quality!
- When supplying Photoshop documents which use spot channels, please ensure the file format is saved as DCS 2.0,
for use within Quark select "multiple file with colour composite" and for Illustrator "single file with colour composite"
- If the job is 4 colour process, all pictures must be supplied in CMYK. If the job is spot colour, ensure the correct
PMS colours have been specified
- Supply all Postscript fonts used (screen and printer), including those used within EPS files
- When supplying Illustrator, Pagemaker or Freehand files: do not embed the hi-res pictures.
Supply them separately in a folder marked as images
- It is preferable to convert typefaces/fonts to outlines in Freehand, Photoshop (version 6 and above), Illustrator or when supplying PC files. This will ensure missing font errors do not occur.
Otherwise the original font will need to be supplied as above
- Ensure your document includes at least a 3mm bleed allowance if any part of the image touches the edge of the page
Tips for Acrobat Files:
- Use "Press" settings when generating PDF's
- Embed all fonts within the PDF
- Ensure all four colour process work is set up as CMYK (not RGB)
- Should the job contain spot colours please ensure these are retained